0344 324 6589
Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm


Take a Break

It’s really important to look after your wellbeing, and sometimes you might need some respite to ensure that you don’t burn out.

Day Centres are a good way for you to get a break and for your loved one with dementia to get some social interaction and participate in activities. Or, if you need a longer break, many care homes offer residential respite.


Day Respite

Services vary, but providers usually offer the option of full day and/or half day options, and some offer transport too. Below are a list of Day Centres and Care Homes that provide day respite services. Just click on the one you want to find out more about and it will take you to their website.

Hampshire County Council 'Take a Break' scheme

If you are a Hampshire County Council resident, then you may be entitled to their ‘Take a Break’ respite scheme, which gives you 2-3 hours per week respite, or you can choose to have a longer respite every other week. You will need a Carers Assessment to see if you are eligible, and if eligible you can ask HCC to organise the respite for you, or you can ask for a direct payment and organise the respite yourself. Click here to find out more or call us on 0344 324 6589.


Residential Respite

If you need a longer break or you want to take a holiday, many care homes offer residential respite. Usually it’s for a minimum of one or two weeks at a time. Check with your local care home if they offer residential respite or give us a call on 0344 324 6589 and we will help you find somewhere near to where you live.


And get news, stories and events straight to your inbox!