The Sunflower Café
November 13, 2024 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
The Sunflower Café is a community project provided and funded by the Mother’s Union and The Vine Church in Odiham for people living with dementia in surrounding villages and towns.
Refreshments are available and free of charge. Games and activities can be played, with support from the volunteer Helpers, who are all “Dementia Friends”, an Alzheimer’s Society information initiative.
There are many table popular games, puzzles, as well as table tennis. Time at the Café can allow the family member and carer, to chat with others, and break down the barriers of isolation. We aim to be caring and confidential to all, while dispelling myths and the stigma that can surround dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Elaine Lewington is the co-ordinator of The Sunflower Café which meets every Wednesday 2.00 – 4.00pm at The Old School, London Road, Odiham RG29 1AJ.
for more information contact Elaine at email@example.com
Please see organiser and venue details below.
- November 13, 2024
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Dementia Cafe, Memory Cafe, Peer Support Group, Social Event, Support Group
- Event Tags:
- Activities, biscuits, coffee, community, conversation, Dementia, Dementia Friendly, Emotional Support, Friends, Information & Advice, Peer Support, tea
- Suitable for
- everyone living with dementia including family and carers
- Does event take place on public holidays?
- Does the event take place between Christmas & New Year?