Eastleigh Support & Social Group
August 9, 2024 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Hosted by Dementia Support Hampshire & IOW.
Join us every Friday at St Swithun Wells Holy Cross Church Hall in Eastleigh, 1pm – 3pm for our weekly social meet-up.
Activities include; arts & crafts, reminiscence, cognitive stimulation games, quizzes, and conversation. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served.
Some weeks we will have guest speakers talking about health and social care, finance and benefits, wellbeing, and coping strategies.
The event is free and for anyone and everyone living with memory loss or dementia, including family and friends, and carers.
No need to book, just turn up and join in!
Please note: The hall entrance is via the car park at the back of the church. Free parking is available 12.45pm-3.15pm. Entrance to the car park is via Hanns Way.
You can also book a 1:1 appointment with a Dementia Support worker if you need help with form filling, claiming attendance allowance, information about Power of Attorney, home help, respite, or residential care. Call the helpline on 0344 324 6589 to book your appointment.
There is no charge but donations are gratefully received.
- August 9, 2024
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Dementia Cafe, Dementia Support Hampshire & IOW, Form Filling, Leisure Event, Memory Cafe, Peer Support Group, Social Event, Support Group
- Event Tags:
- Activities, arts & crafts, biscuits, coffee, cognitive stimulation, community, conversation, Dementia, Dementia Carer, Emotional Support, Family, Friends, Peer Support, Reminiscence, tea
- Suitable for
- everyone living with dementia including family and carers
- Do you need to book in advance?
- no, just turn up and join in
- Does event take place on public holidays?
- Does the event take place between Christmas & New Year?