Basingstoke Support & Social Group
November 25, 2024 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pmFREE
Hosted by Dementia Support Hampshire & IOW. Join us every Monday at Basingstoke Discovery Centre, 1.30pm – 3.30pm for our weekly social meet-up.
Activities include; arts & crafts, reminiscence, cognitive stimulation games, quizzes, and conversation. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served.
Some weeks we will have guest speakers talking about health and social care, finance and benefits, wellbeing, and coping strategies.
The event is for anyone and everyone living with dementia, be it the person with dementia, their family and friends, or their carers.
No need to book, just turn up and join in!
You can also book a 1:1 appointment with a Dementia Support Worker if you need help with form filling, claiming attendance allowance, information about Power of Attorney, home help, respite, or residential care. Call the helpline on 0344 324 6589 to book your appointment.
There is no charge but donations are gratefully received.
- November 25, 2024
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Dementia Cafe, Dementia Support Hampshire & IOW, Form Filling, Information Event, Memory Cafe, Peer Support Group, Social Event, Support Drop - In, Support Group
- Event Tags:
- arts & crafts, biscuits, coffee, cognitive stimulation, community, conversation, Dementia, Dementia Carer, Dementia Friendly, Emotional Support, Friends, Information & Advice, Peer Support, quizzes, Reminiscence, Signposting, tea
- Suitable for
- everyone living with dementia including family and carers
- Does event take place on public holidays?
- Does the event take place between Christmas & New Year?