Alzheimer Café Isle Of Wight – Newport
February 23, 2024 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Newport Alzheimer Café is held at the Newport Methodist Church, Quay Street, Newport PO30 5BA from 6pm – 8pm, on the last Wednesday of each month.
An informal, supportive and friendly atmosphere for people whose lives have been affected by dementia.
Each month an informative presentation relating to dementia is given, there is time to discuss dementia related issues in a relaxed atmosphere, with light refreshments being served.
Maggie, Barry & Louise, Co-ordinators at the Newport Alzheimer Café are supported by a knowledgeable and friendly team of volunteers (Lizzie, Rose, Floss, Nigel, Adrian and Carol).
There is no charge to attend an Alzheimer Café, however, donations are welcomed – look out for the orange collection boxes.
Please see organiser and venue details below.
We recommend that you contact the organiser prior to your first visit to ensure the event is taking place.
- February 23, 2024
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Dementia Cafe, Information Event, Memory Cafe, Social Event, Support Group
- Event Tags:
- biscuits, coffee, community, conversation, Dementia, Dementia Carer, Information & Advice, Peer Support, tea
- Suitable for
- everyone living with dementia including family and carers
- Do you need to book in advance?
- just turn up and join in
- Does event take place on public holidays?